Thursday, July 25, 2013

Saltspring Sundress

Lightning struck twice!! I must be really lucky lately! I was chosen, yet AGAIN to test the newest Sewaholic pattern. It does not dissappoint!!!!!


The Saltspring sundress!!! Isn't it beautiful?


It is a gorgeous, blousy spaghetti strap sundress with pockets! Pockets!!!! And thus my love affair with pockets continues...

The pattern comes together fairly quickly and it's so easy to wear. Perfect for the 100+ degree Texas heat (It was 99 degrees outside when I was taking these pictures; yuck).

As with all of the sewaholic patterns, the instructions are easy to follow and the diagrams are awesome. Tasia deserves an award!

Lol, pretending to be aloof

I used a "simply silky print" from Joanns. The fabric is lovely and has such a beautiful drape, but it was horrible to sew with. It was soooooo slippery! Many curse words were uttered from my mouth as I was sewing, but I'm glad I stuck with it. The results are stunning!

This dress makes me feel so pretty!




Here's to hoping lightning strikes a third time!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there...you're at the FW Water Gardens! Lovely dress. I ordered this pattern today and am excited to get it made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am!!! I work downtown! It's a great pattern, and I hope you love it like I do!

      Delete
  2. I think your version is the nicest one yet. I love full-length dresses for the summer. Somehow you always look polished and cool in the summer heat in a maxi-dress! I love this pattern - it looks like there are lots of opportunities in the pattern to make it unique. I love the fabric - and isn't it the truth that beautiful fabrics can be difficult to sew with? - I can't wait to get my copy of this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! The pattern is amazing!! Who doesn't love a good dress?

      Delete